Okay, I know I have been oddly uncommunicative lately.
Some of the reasons:
- Chad and I spent much of this summer apart – I in Washington state with my parents for the first half of the summer, and he in Arizona and Alabama for work. We are both back home again. He will be on the road again this fall.
- I am returning to homeschooling, and have been planning. And planning. And planning. Part of the problem was I could NOT find a homeschool planner for Mac. I found a web-based solution two weeks ago, and I love it: Scholaric. It is simple, robust and intuitive. Give it a try!
- I’ve started CrossFit. See previous post. I’m in pain.
- I’ve been a little obsessed with Doctor Who and have been on another board a bit too often… I’m a geek. What can I say?
- If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m homeschooling Ingrid for second grade, and from here on out, unless something radical changes. We’ll start Monday.
- Ilsa starts kindergarten on Monday at a local church-run school. There are only nine children in her class, and it is half-day. We just do not see the need for full day kindergarten for her.
- We’re trying to eat more “Paleo.” Chad has tried to convince me it is the way to go, and I’m not 100% convinced. I know people really get great results with it, but I am BikeBookBREAD after all! And it isn’t like I am making my bread with shortening and chemicals… I grind wheat, etc. We bought a juicer to help support the Paleo way of eating. That has been a lot of fun… and DELICIOUS!
- We survived Irene. Of course, I’m blogging this, aren’t I?
- The rain here in Virginia has been UNREAL — much worse than anything Irene spat at us.